We have added a new Grow Kit to our Store!
THE MUSHROOM FARM from Back to the Roots
GROW ORGANIC MUSHROOMS IN JUST 10 DAYS!
Grow these delicious organic oyster mushrooms right out of the box in just 3 easy steps – open, mist and harvest (Includes a free mister) Repeat to grow a second crop.
The Ideal Gift The award-winning Mushroom Farm, a recipient of the SOFI Gold Award has been featured on the Today Show, Oprah magazine, Sunset, Food & Wine Magazine and many more.
Made in USA The Mushroom Farm is designed in California and grown in Michigan. Martha Stewart selected Back to the Roots as a Top 10 American Made Company.
Certified Organic The Mushroom Farm is certified organic by QAI and USDA. It uses 100% recycled materials as the growing medium (saw dust, corn cobs, soy husks and wheat bran).
Paying it Forward Back to the Roots will donate a free Mushroom Farm to any elementary school classroom for every picture of the Mushroom Farm posted to their Facebook page.
Now is the time to get some mushroom projects going!
Projects started now will have a better chance of success! Inside projects started now will be ready to transplant outside this spring. Outside projects started now will have a chance to grow before the warm weather comes.
Montana Mushrooms has secured 4 more kits for our Mushroom Store! This brings the total to 8 mushroom kits to choose from!
Something for everyone and great for children!
Fresh Homegrown Shiitake for Dinner!
As I look out at the cold and snow, I am warmed by the thought of eating fresh mushrooms!
- Stropharia rugoso-annulata (King Stropharia or Garden Giant)
- A 60-80 ° F indoor temperature is required for this Patch.
- This patch will produce several flushes of burgundy-colored mushrooms over a 3 month period.
- Will take 1 – 2 months to begin producing.
- Once it is done indoors you can transfer it outdoors to produce subsequent flushes for years to come!
- The Patch is made from Alder sawdust and woodchips. Comes with a peat moss casing layer to be applied to the top of the Patch.
- The King Stropharia Indoor Patch is Certified Organic by the Washington State Department of Agriculture
Mycelium Running Oyster Patch
Pleurotus ostreatus (Pearl Oyster)
A 55-75 ° F indoor temperature is required for this Patch.
This Patch has been designed for more advanced cultivators, or for those looking for a good project to experiment with.
Mushrooms can vary from a white to a light grey color.
The Patch should be prepared within 2 weeks of receiving.
The amount of mushrooms harvested greatly depends on the type and amount of substrate used. But typically you can grow 1-3 pounds of fresh mushrooms.
The Patch can be mixed with a variety of substrates including newspaper, cardboard, and straw.
Full instructions with substrate ideas are included along with a toll free Mushroom Hotline for any questions you might have.
Our online description:
The team at Fungi Perfecti has been busy advancing methods for low tech mushroom cultivation to create a mushroom patch for science students and experienced cultivators alike. The Mycelium Running Oyster Mushroom Patch is the perfect way for more advanced cultivators to try their hand at a variety of these methods. A very versatile species, the Pearl Oyster Mushroom (Pleurotus ostreatus) can be grown both indoors and outdoors, on various substrate materials including deciduous wood chips, stumps, logs and straw—even coffee and espresso grounds—as described in Paul Stamets’ most recent book Mycelium Running: How Mushrooms can Help Save the World. This Mushroom Patch is a step beyond our basic “ready to fruit” patch, as you will receive only the mushroom spawn along with some tips and instructions for use. The rest is up to you
- Trametes versicolor (Turkey Tail Mushroom)
- A 65-75 ° F indoor temperature is required for this Patch.
- Patch produces shelf fungi with colorful zones.
- Favored by shamans throughout the ages. Have been used in teas as well as ornaments and jewelry.
- This Patch can provide several flushes of mushrooms.
- The Patch is made from Alder sawdust and woodchips.
- The Turkey Tail Indoor Patch is Certified Organic by the Washington State Department of Agriculture.
- Agrocybe aegerita (Pioppino)
- A 50-70 ° F indoor temperature is required for this Patch.
- This mushroom is popular in Italy and has a mellow, attractive flavor. They are a wonderful addition to sauces, soups, and stews.
- The mushrooms are dark brown on top, fading into white around the edges.
- This Patch should produce 1-2 flushes of mushrooms.
- The Patch is made of Sterilized Straw and Mushroom Mycelium.
- The Pioppino Indoor Patch is Certified Organic by the Washington State Department of Agriculture.